Expert advice. lowest price.
It´s fast, simple & easy to obtain quotes and book online. Instant online shipping quotes and up to 85% discount on all international ocean shipping and domestic freight trucking. Ship your goods across state, country & continents
See instructions and information on shipping internationally.
Ship Dangerous Goods
Determine Weight and Size Limitations
Find useful tools for shipping across borders.
Global Time Clock and Map
Customs Brokerage Terms
Create an Import
Download the Pallet Weight and Size
Get help with the documentation process for international shipments.
Learn More About Documentation
Create Accurate Documentation
Access International Forms
Acces resources for developing your business internationally.
International Shipping Service
Customs Brokerage Services
*NOTE: DOCUMENTS AND CUSTOMS REGULATIONS VARY ACCORDING TO THE NATIONALITY OF THE CUSTOMER.
- Passport (Copy)
- Proof of Employment
- Customs Declaration
- Inventory (in English, Finnish, German or Swedish) stating exact number of packages, showing detailed contents of each carton, alcohol and any other dutiable items
- Owner's Declaration stating goods are his property, have been used abroad and are for his continued use in Finland
- Bill of Sale may be required by Customs for dutiable items
- One auto may be imported duty-free if owned and used abroad for six months and Customer qualifies for duty-free import of household goods
- Duty free value is limited up to $34,000.00. If the customs value of the car exceeds this amount the exceeding value is dutiable. Customs determines the customs value
- Cannot be sold or otherwise used by others for two years without full payment of all duties and taxes
- If vehicle does not qualify for exemption, import taxes will be 50-60% of the retail price of a similar new vehicle in Finland
- Duties levied will also depend on the amount and type of accessories and equipment on the vehicle
- Must comply with the U.S. or European exhaust regulations
- Documents required:
- Purchase-deed and receipts of payment
- Registration documents
- Employment Certificate proving auto bought with earnings from abroad
- Finnish insurance policy
- Foreign insurance policy
- Driver's License
- ABOVE DOCUMENTS MUST ALL BE ORIGINALS
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN FINLAND AT THE TIME OF CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Used household goods and personal effects are duty-free, in suitable quantities, if:
- Goods have been owned and used by Customer abroad and not to be re-sold for at least six months
- Customer has lived abroad for over 12 months and intends to settle in Finland
- Goods must not be imported for commercial use
- Dogs and cats must have a valid vaccination against rabies
- Subject to minimum of three months quarantine and veterinary examination
- Health Certificate required
- Import Permit from Ministry of Agriculture
- Duty-free if proof of ownership is available
- NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
- New Items (less than six months old) invoices required
- Food and fabrics
- Precious metal objects
- Professional or business equipment
- Firearms and ammunition (will be held by Customs until valid Firearm Certificate is obtained)
- Collectors items which are plugged and unusable may be imported with restriction
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are subject to high duties
- Plants and vegetable products (Phytosanitary Certificate required, if no certificate is present, items will stay in custody for inspection and charges will be billed to Customer)
- Certain feathers, furs, tusks, skins, etc. of animals falling under the Protected Species Regulations
- Walkie-talkies and radios
- ALL DUTIABLE ITEMS MUST BE STOWED FOR EASY ACCESS
- Explosives, fireworks, clasp-knives and other dangerous edged weapons
- Automatic weapons
- Narcotics and drugs
- Pornographic material
- Products of animals coming under the protected species regulations